This post will list all the changes contained in build 6 which you can get right here.
UI and Menu Improvements
- Arrow keys can also be used in conjunction with W, A, S, D keys in menus.
- Added a start game button in the player select menu to replace an additional input button to start a game.
- Colour of the UI has been adjusted for player select screen and gameplay for better visibility.
- Player select screen layout rearranged and menu size increased to be more visible and easier to use.
- Added an option to return to player select screen when paused or at the end of the game.
- If the show modifiers option is toggled on they will be shown during the countdown.
- Now tracks number of rounds and displays them at the end game summary screen.
- Numbers for start of round countdown removed, but sound remains.
- Music and sound effect volume can be customised in the option section of the main menu.
- All player settings are saved and will be recalled when returning back to the main menu or when the game is launched again.
- Different game modes can be selected at the player select screen including Score (default),
- Stock (players start with five lives and lose one per death) and a single round mode.
- Speed setting added to player select screen with 3 settings (Slow, Normal and Fast).
- Players will reset to original positions when round starts to allow time to experiment with movement.
- Added modifier to change shape of environmental objects.
- At the end of rounds the walls can close in fast and pause at periodic intervals.
- Added modifier to rotate environmental objects.
- Different number of AI can be selected and is compatible with all modes.
- Repel ability now inverts direction when they collide and can now modify to light blue.
- More visual indications of who is capturing, color of player forms a square ring around the point.
- Place holder black hole animation added.
- Altered score overlay for players to make health values clearer when at maximum stocks.
- Readjusted colours used for randomised backgrounds to make them easier to view.
- Projectile trail removed, as it would often clutter up the screen.
- Player sprites at the player select screen should reflect the value of the health setting.
- Player sprites should appear or disappear according to number of players or AI selected in the player select screen.
- More delay added to delayed player pointer.
- Reverse shotgun projectile size increased.
- Increased cooldown for the charge weapon when not charging.
- The repel ability now to originates from pointer rather than from the player.
- Projectiles destroy themselves on contact with white objects.
- Added a slight rate of fire cooldown to the rapid trigger weapon.
- Boomerang weapon grows in size immediately on return.
- Ghost ability internal cooldown increased to discourage activating and deactivating rapidly.
- Updated to Unity 5.
- Optimised music quality to reduce file size.
- Menu music now plays when quitting from gameplay.
- Music only re-randomises when restarting once during gameplay.
- Music no longer overlaps when re-randomising.
- Music continues to play properly when the game is paused.
- Hit boxes of players are more accurate and properly represent their sprites.
- Line paths are no longer partially hidden by the capzone.
- Clicking on various UI elements will no longer highlight them incorrectly.
- Lines used for black hole, bomber or player paths will now properly remove after each round.
- Fixed an issue where AI obstacle avoidance would remain active when players were playing.
- Countdown beeps at start of rounds are now more accurate.
- Music intro and looping during gameplay now syncs properly and the timing is independent of time scale.
- Game pauses correctly if paused immediately after the countdown at the start of the round.
- All abilities the require held input is now correctly used by AI with respect to cooldowns and their pointers will now show when they are using abilities and when cooldowns are active.
- A game can no longer start if no AI or players are ready.
- When a round is ending players can no longer die.
- Stocks will now properly reset when choosing to restart the game at the end for stock mode.
- Default player preferences now default to correct values when game is first launched.
- Reflector ability correctly shows yellow instead of grey filling player points when in use.
- Fixed a bug where player one did not win when multiple AI were defeated in stock mode.
- Added AI behaviour to allow use of two stage abilities.
- Cleaned up obsolete references and code.
Phew that’s everything! As promised there will be a gameplay video this week showing how all these changes manifest in the game. Thanks for checking out the changes and as always let me know what you think.